This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

Uncategorized Archives

Coverage In Northern Kentucky

If you are an attorney outside of Northern Kentucky and need coverage, contact the Bouldin Law Firm to handle your appearance(s).  We cover all courts in Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties and can occasionally be available elsewhere. If you are an attorney in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green or elsewhere and cannot be in two places at once, call us.  Both Michael Bouldin and Kristopher Nevels are in court nearly every day. Most district courts will allow coverage for arraignment or pretrial without change of or adding additional counsel of record. We will provide this service at reasonable rates. While our hourly rate is $250/hour, we can often provide coverage in less than one hour's time.  Of course, we are also available to co-counsel cases after discussion with an attorney. We've been representing criminal defendants for felony, misdemeanor, DUI and traffic cases for over 20 years and can handle your case.  Having a small practice is difficult and often attorneys need to be in multiple locations. If you are a lawyer and need help with a case in Northern Kentucky, call the law office of Michael Bouldin and talk to Emily, Kris or Mike.  Call 859-581-6453.  You may also email at [email protected].  *NOTE: Nothing herein is intended to procure coverage without verification.  Do not send an email and assume that your case will be covered.  Call if any questions or concerns.

Bouldin Law Office Phone Now Working

Thanks to Cincinnati Bell, my office phone has not been working for the past 2 days.  I apologize. The phones are now working and I can now be reached again at 859-581-6453 (581-MIKE).  As always, you can contact me at my email of [email protected][email protected] or you can contact my paralegal, Emily, at [email protected]. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  It has cause me enough!! -Mike

NKy Divorce 859-581-6453 Working Again

Thanks to Cincinnati Bell, my office phone has not been working for the past 2 days.  I apologize. The phones are now working and I can now be reached again at 859-581-6453 (581-MIKE).  As always, you can contact me at my email of [email protected][email protected] or you can contact my paralegal, Emily, at [email protected]. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  It has cause me enough!! -Mike

Can I Change My Child's Last Name?

This is a relatively simple question without a simple answer.  In Kentucky, if both parents agree, a name change is fairly simple and can be accomplished with AOC Form 295.  Both parents are required to sign and have the form notarized (to avoid fraud). If both parents do not agree, then name change may be accomplished after a hearing.  The standards differ based on whether the child was born out of wedlock or during a marriage.  If born out of wedlock, the standards are "best interest" and a number of factors are spelled out in the Kentucky case of Hazel v. Wells.   If the child was born during a marriage and the name change is contested, the standard is higher as spelled out in Likins v. Logsdon  This higher standard is that the party seeking to change the name must "present objective and substantial evidence of just cause and significant detriment to the child before the child's name is changed..." Whether to change a name after a divorce is often a difficult choice for the mother.  It is even more so with respect to children and compounded by remarriage.  The father's involvement can have significant impact on the child. Changing a child's name can be difficult but may be very important in the maturation of a child.  Parents should seek to keep the children from adopting their particular point of view.   If you are seeking name change for your child, you should first speak with the other parent.  If the parents cannot agree, call an attorney for consultation.  In Northern Kentucky, call Michael Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or email at [email protected]  

What Do Bank Robbery, DUI, Assault and 320 lbs of Marijuana Have In Common?

Just a normal Tuesday in the life of a criminal defense attorney.  Having practiced criminal defense law in Northern Kentucky and Ohio for nearly 20 years, I feel that my life is far from boring. My morning started with arraignments for a client charged with second offense DUI and another client accused of child abuse, assault 4th degree.  As this process has only begun, discovery will be retrieved prior to any potential trial or resolution.  These cases are set for pretrial conferences in about a month. Next on the list of court appearances was a Clermont County case involving the trafficking of 320 pounds of marijuana.  Of immediate concern is the proof required so that my client may be able to avoid forfeiture of his vehicle.  This case should move closer to resolution in a few weeks. In the meantime, I maintain and write a blog. The last part of my day is scheduled to meet with the mother of a minor child accused of bank robbery.  This may include juvenile matters, transfer from juvenile to adult court and negotiations and possibly trial.  With a case of this type there are many twists and turns which it may make prior to resolution. If you have an interesting criminal charge or defense, contact Bouldin Law Firm to discuss consultation and inquire about fees and rates.  Call Emily to schedule at [email protected] or call at 859-581-6453 (581-MIKE).

What are DNA Charges?

There are two types of DNA cases in Northern Kentucky. 1. DNA is a testing procedure to determine if a person is the father of a minor child, also referred to as paternity.  These cases proceed in juvenile court and are prosecuted by the local county Child Support Office.  DNA technology is the same technology used in criminal cases, where a sample of DNA is collected (in child support cases from saliva) and sent to a lab to see if the DNA matches that of the minor child.  These are more commonly called Paternity Cases. 2. DNA can also mean a Dependence, Neglect or Abuse charge.  These cases are also in juvenile court and may result in removal of a child or children from your care or custody.  If the Cabinet for Health and Family Services is involved, you are in this Court.  This is held in Family Court and presided over by the family judge. If you are the parent or caregiver of a child and there is a charge of Neglect, Abuse or Dependency, the court will appoint an attorney to represent you.  You do still retain the right to hire a different attorney of your choosing.  The "panel attorneys" do handle a large volume of cases in family court.  The advantage is that they know the judge, prosecutor and social workers better than other attorneys.  The general disadvantage is the amount of time they have to commit to your case and many clients complain that they are not available for office hours to discuss the case. If you wish to retain private attorney, call and schedule an appointment.  Having practiced juvenile and custody law in Northern Kentucky for nearly 20 years, I can likely enlighten you on your case and help you proceed through the current legal issues.  Call Michael Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or email at [email protected]

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy