This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

What If I Miss Court?

If you miss court your best bet is to return to the court clerk as soon as possible. If you miss due to weather, you should call the day of your court and advise them of the situation and ask if they can continue your case to a later date. Snow emergencies are generally legitimate grounds to continue your case without your appearance. If you fail to appear, the court will usually issue a warrant for your arrest and set a bond.  In Ohio, this is referred to as a capias.  Hamilton County has specific forms you can file for a capias recall.  You can also turn yourself into the county jail and post the bond and be released with a new court date.  An attorney may be able to help you to have the bond reduced or to have the warrant quashed (legal term for removed). It is important to take account and return to the clerk/court as soon as possible.  This may help to avoid separate charges of bail jumping or contempt charges for failing to follow the orders of the Court.  It is considered contempt for failing to return to your court dates.  Bail Jumping may be a separate misdemeanor or felony charge. If you have been charged with a crime in Northern Kentucky, or if you have missed your court date, you should retain an attorney who practices criminal law.  For a consultation in Boone, Campbell or Kenton county, call Michael W. Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or email at [email protected] .

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy