This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

What If I Get Arrested for PCS?

Possession of Controlled Substance is a felony charge in Kentucky. If you are arrested, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney as soon as practical.  There are many options generally available to a criminal defendant when charged with PCS.  Your attorney should review with you those options which are available to you. The option of pleading NOT GUILTY and proceeding to trial by judge or jury is available in every criminal case.  Unfortunately there are very seldom cases of PCS where (1) the defendant is truly not guilty; and (2) that an offer is made by the prosecution where a plea bargain is better than a potential finding of guilt.  That said, you should always discuss with your lawyer any potential defenses, including suppression of evidence, that may be available in your case. Probation, diversion and deferred prosecution are all possibilities in dealing with PCS charges in Kentucky, especially for first time offenders who have no prior felony convictions. Prior convictions do pose problems to plea agreements and also greatly increase the likelihood of serving a prison sentence.  Speak with a private attorney, often the charges are less than you may imagine. If you have been charged, consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.  For a consultation in Boone, Campbell or Kenton county, call Michael W. Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or email at [email protected]  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy