This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

What is a Re-Opening Fee?

Under Kentucky rules the parties generally pay a one-time fee for a dissolution, or any other civil action, to the Clerk of Courts.  This fee is the same regardless of whether it is a simple uncontested dissolution or a high-conflict divorce which requires numerous hearings.  By contract, the fees in Ohio vary depending on the amount and number of documents filed, hearings required and time spent.  Hamilton County charges per page for each filing which is entered. Kentucky's court costs are significantly less than our Ohio counterparts.  Northern Kentucky filing fees range from $153 - $178 for the case, additional costs are charged for service.  After a decree is entered, any new filings are considered post-decree matters and generally require a re-opening fee.  This does not include cases for child support enforcement or any motion filed within 6 months of the original decree. A re-opening fee of $50.00 is charged in all cases which have been closed for more than 6 months.  Typically the court will not docket a case unless the reopening fee is paid with the motion. If you have questions about fees, contact your local Circuit Court Clerk and request the Family Division.

Clerk Court Information:

Kenton: 292-6521

Campbell 292-6305

Boone: 334-2286

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy