This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

How Do I Establish Paternity?

In Kentucky, the County Attorney is required to accept any application to establish paternity.  The local county attorney will file a paternity complaint against the named father.  If you believe that you are the father, the county attorney will file what is referred to as a "reverse paternity complaint."  The county attorney in each county has establish contracts to do DNA paternity testing. If you are married in Kentucky, the Husband is presumed to be the father of the child born during the term of the marriage.  Once filed, the parties will be required to submit to DNA testing.  The reduced cost is paid back to the county attorney's office of approximately $100. An attorney can also assist in establishing paternity, which is a prerequisite to gaining custodial rights in Kentucky.  If you were not married, then paternity can be filed as part of your Petition for Custody. This area of the law also requires a decision on whether to proceed in Juvenile Court or in Circuit Court, even though both are considered Family Court, there are differences in how the cases are handled by the various courts in Northern Kentucky. If you have questions about paternity or wish to explore your options, call an attorney for a consultation.  Generally phone consultations are free but there is a fee for most office consultations.  In Northern Kentucky, contact Michael Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or [email protected]

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy