This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

Can I Be Taken to Jail for Minor Misdemeanor?

Yes. In Northern Kentucky as around the state, an arresting officer has the choice of whether ot arrest or issue a citation to an individual charged with misdemeanors, even minor misdemeanors. The decision is often based on the attitude and cooperative nature of the person being charged. As an experiencd criminal defense attorney I can usually infer the defendant's attitude based on the number of charges as well as whether the person was issued a citation or arrested on the charges. Most individuals with charges such as Possession of Alcohol by a Minor, Alcohol Intoxication, and Open Container are typically issued a citation. If their attitude is one of defiance or uncooperation, they may be arrested. If their defiance continues, they may face additional charges of Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest and/or Failure to Disperse. These additional charges create more problems than the original charges. Good advice is to be respectful and courteous to the police officers, even if you believe they are wrong. If you have been charged with a crime in Northern kentucky, contact Michael Bouldin at 859-581-6453 or [email protected]

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy