This is an advertisement

Bouldin Law Firm
Get The Help You Need: 859-581-6453 (MIKE)
View Our Legal Services

How Does a DUI Affect My License if I Live In Another State?

If you are traveling through or visiting Northern Kentucky and you are licensed in another state, a DUI will likely have an impact on your driver's license. Most states have reciprocity and notify DOT or BMV from your state. If this occurs, you may end up with a very lengthy suspension and expensive reinstatement. The best thing any person charged with DUI can do is retain a local attorney in Northern Kentucky. I have worked with many clients from various states. Many times the actual license suspension can be shorter than either state would permit. Ohio drivers, for example, will likely be notified of a 6 month suspension following a conviction. Ohio BMV will, however, shorten the suspension to that given by the district courts in Kentucky. Courts generally mandate a defendant's appearance following a DUI. There are times, however, that the case may be resolved without the necessity of personally appearing in the court. Additionally, an experienced attorney will assist you with finding evaluators or treatment centers throughout the United States. Boone, Campbell, Kenton and Gallatin Counties If you have been charged with a DUI in Northern Kentucky, contact Mike Bouldin at [email protected] or 859-581-6453.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm Serving Northern Kentucky And Southwestern Ohio

Get Started Contact us Now »

Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Matter Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy